Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Working Wednesday & Mocha Granola Bars


FINALLY!!!! I have completely finished the two Memory Throws, after about four weeks of working on them and allergies that kept getting me down. These turned out so cute! Especially since I have never done anything quite like this. They go to their new owner this evening. I am so excited to share them with you! They are made from men's suits... The best of upcycling!!!! I know the recipients of these will be extremely happy. Don't you just love the sleeve and pockets that I incorporated? I hand stitched around the sleeves with a red yarn to make it stand out and to highlight the red plaid squares which are very special to this project. Then backed it with a charcoal blizzard fleece, sewed the edges in red and then tied it off with the red yarn. I absolutely love these! It really gets me excited to begin working on my daughter's t-shirt quilt.

Also this week I made a version of Mocha Coconut Granola Bars a friend of mine posted on Facebook. My kids don't care for coconut so I left out the sweetened coconut and the coconut oil. I replaced the coconut oil with canola oil and I added a little more brown sugar and flax seed meal in place of the coconut. They turned out pretty good, though I think a little to chocolaty for me (yes ladies, I'm one of the few that isn't big on chocolate) and they don't stay together very well for bars (maybe could have cooked them a little longer and actually went with less oil than was called for). I plan to make the slightly less modified recipe (I will add flax seed meal probably a little less cocoa powder) this weekend if time permits .

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment