Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Louisville Monday Magazine Challenge

White Bean & Tortellini Soup
I didn't do much shopping this weekend so no real deals to be found and haven't really been through my coupons and ads yet since I spent the day yesterday with my Dad and kiddo's for Easter, so no Frugal Monday post. But I thought you might enjoy checking out the gals over at D.I.Y. Louisville who are doing a Monday Magazine Challenge. And of course I thought it would be fun to join them. I have TONS of magazine recipes cut out and full magazines with DIY cleaners, crafty projects, etc that I would love to accomplish, but yeah, like most they are sitting on a shelf or basket or in a binder. With the cooler weather coming in this week, I thought I would have one last round of great soup. Yesterday morning I pulled out the March 2012 issue of All You Magazine and threw together this yummy soup for me to eat on this week while I attempt to work on my blog and sewing projects. 


Here's the recipe White Bean and Tortellini Soup. I made my own chicken stock from a neck and back I had put in the freezer and added onion, celery, dried thyme and a couple bay leaves. I also wanted to use ingredients that I had on hand, so I made some minor modifications. I used some left over Rotel tomatoes and along with a can of diced tomatoes (and all the juices) with oregano, basil and garlic already in it. And instead of oregano, which I didn't have, I used up some fresh basil I had. The only thing I had to get from the store was the Tortellini and an extra can of beans (Great Northern beans) because I could extend the number of servings with this inexpensive add on. This is enough soup for me to eat on a couple times this week while plugging away at this Blog and finishing up the many sewing projects I have going and I am still able to freeze some for another cool down. You know we will get another before Summer gets here! 


ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I made a big pot of chili this weekend for the exact same reason!

    ReplyDelete