Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ruffle Purse, Easter Baskets & a Magazine Challenge

This past week I finished up the cutest little girls purse for a friends niece's birthday. I had never really worked with ruffles but found this to be fairly simple. I think it is just darling for any pre-teen. After I finished it, I was wondering around JoAnn's (imagine that right?) and got thinking of all kinds of cute combinations of fabric for this purse. This one is going on my list of purses for craft fairs for sure.  Now I am working on a University of Kentucky purse with a new fabric they have come out with. So girly! I love it! Hopefully pictures of that next week.

Look what my friends, Kim and Julee, over at D.I.Y. Louisville are working on. These ladies are some of the craftiest people I know. They have wonderful ideas and create beautiful stuff. They also host a  craft meet up on the first and third Tuesday's of the month. Be sure to check out their Facebook page, www.facebook.com/diylouisville.  This week Kim made the cutest Easter baskets with very little work. Now, if I can get her to grow grass in them next year instead of using that other stuff!

The girls over there are also doing a Monday Magazine challenge. This is where you pull out all those old magazines that you have dogeared and saved for projects, recipes, etc. for the near future, that you have yet to accomplish. Here's one Julee did this week: Paper Mache Easter Egg. They would love for you to take on the challenge with them and post pictures of one you get done this week! My challenge: I'm going to go through my magazines this weekend and see what kind of Spring decorations I can make using items I already have on hand.

Enjoy! Use it up, Reuse it, or Recycle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment