Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Working Wednesday... What I'm working on this week!



Good morning! Each week I would like to take you inside Wilygreenhorn. My little business that has been comprised of purses, totes, diaper bags, embroidered gifts and key fobs and whatever else I feel like creating or someone needs, with the exception of alterations. I refuse to mess up someone's fine clothing! Some weeks I am working on lots of projects, other weeks I'm searching Pinterest for projects. Feast or Famine! 



This week, and the last couple weeks, I have been working on an upcycling project of sorts... I've been making two Memory Throws for someone. I have no quilting experience and other than a quick fleece rag blanket I attempted when I was learning to sew a straight line, I have never done anything like this. But I got a call from a friend asking if I would attempt it... Besides it will give me some practice before I attempt a T-Shirt Blanket for my daughter this spring.


Topper almost complete
This particular set of throws was to be made out of the material from sports jackets and dress pants. Whew! It was a lot more work than I thought taking all those jackets apart, seam by seam. But I did it. Now it's making the sewing of the squares seem quite easy! I have actually thoroughly enjoyed working on this project. I would be done by now had it not been for a few days of being sick. Here are some pictures to show progress. I should be able to post pictures next week of both completed throws. I know the recipients of these will just absolutely love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment